Guest Blogged by John Gideon of VotersUnite.org
Today we have two “Featured” articles. The Connecticut Office of Veterans Affairs, under threat of a lawsuit, has allowed Secretary of State Susan Bysiewicz to enter the Veterans Hospital in West Haven to register voters and to do voter education. Let’s hope this is a small hole that will finally cause the wall between the DVA and veteran’s rights to vote to crumble into dust.
More good news from the US Election Assistance Commission where computer scientist and election integrity advocate Dr Barbara Simons has been selected to fill a seat on the EAC Board of Advisors. This is a good addition as Dr. Simons will add a voice of reason to combat the voices of the vendor’s surrogates who are on that committee....
- Featured - National: Patients at West Haven Veterans' Hospital registered to vote
- Featured - National: ACM Electronic Voting Expert Named to Key Federal Advisory Committee; Dr. Barbara Simons Fills Position for Technology Professionals
- National: “Democracy Victory” At VA
- National: The Youth Vote: A Matter of Access, Not Apathy
- National: Who Here Thinks We Have the Right to Vote?
Think Again. Jesse Jackson, Jr. Continues His Fight for a Constitutional Amendment...
- National: Experts Say Expected Surge in US Voters May Strain Polls
- KS: Shawnee County - Vote count – oops
4,446 went untallied, but winners remain same
- MD: Electing to Prepare for a Record
Voting Officials Boost Purchases
- MO: Missouri Voter Refuses Illegal Demand to Show Photo ID at Poll, Gets Thrown in Jail
- MO: Cole County - Wrong ballots may prompt revote in Cole County's Eastern District
- MO: Last votes being tallied in St. Louis County
- NC: Catawba County – Editorial - $3 billion solution: Paper ballots
- NY: Editorial - Safe ballots
- OH: Missing votes spark lawsuit
Brunner: Touch-screen machines defective, company should pay
- OH: Local counties join vote machine suit
- OH: Ashland County - County board says state's mandate 'seems excessive'
- SC: Greenville County - Gibson complains about voting machines
- VA: Stopping Voter Suppression: The Press Gets It Right in Virginia
- WI: Human error mars Allendale vote totals, officials say
- WI: Milwaukee - Fake names get voter registration workers investigated
- WV: Belmont County - Paper Ballots Getting the Vote
**"Daily Voting News" is meant as a comprehensive listing of reports each day concerning issues related to election and voting news around the country regardless of quality or political slant. Therefore, items listed in "Daily Voting News" may not reflect the opinions of VotersUnite.Org or BradBlog.Com**