Guest Blogged by Ellen Theisen of VotersUnite.org
Smartmatic, the company, is under fire in the Philippines.
“Why did Florida have high "invalid votes" in 2008? An important new report from Florida Fair Elections Center (FFEC) finds that certain optical scan voting systems contributed significantly to Florida's high invalid vote rate in the 2008 election, while other optical scan systems did not. Invalid votes, which are the combination of overvotes, undervotes and invalid write-in votes, were expected to drop with the statewide use of paper ballot optical scan voting systems. Instead, they increased.” Thus begins the press release for today’s featured item....
- Featured: Examining Florida’s High Invalid Vote Rate in the 2008 General Election
- Press Release: Florida Fair Elections Center Announces Flawed voting systems led to lost Florida votes in 2008
- National: When Voters Move
http://www.brennancenter...source/when_voters_move/ (New report from the Brennan Center.)
- Press Release: Detailed Reports Offer Guidelines for Permanent Voter Registration
- National: Voter Confidence and Increased Accessibility Act of 2009 TIMELINE
- National: UU secretaries of state stress importance of voting
- National: NAMUDNO v Holder – The Opinion of the Court
- National: Quelle Surprise! The Unexpected Ruling that Saves Section 5
- National: Initial Thoughts on NAMUDNO: Chief Justice Roberts Blinked
- National: Early News and Commentary on NAMUDNO
- National: Supreme Court Rules On Voting Rights Act
(Check out the audio)
- National: Get Ready for "Voter Registration Modernization" (or "VRM")
- IL: RI mayoral recount officially finished
- MN: KSTP wants to see the rejected absentee ballots and I get all weird and philosophical
- NH: Supreme Court Decision May "Bail Out" New Hampshire Towns
- OH: Darnell Nash held on $10,000 bond in voter fraud case
- OR: Online voter registration passes Senate
- OR: Coming soon to Oregon: Online voter registration!
- PA: Civil Rights Commission asks why Obama Justice Dept. let thugs get away with menacing white voters
- TX: Bay Area Houston: Leo Vasquez releases emails.
- WI: What if your polling place was just a double-click away?
- Afghanistan: Afghan Election Commission launches mobile voter registration
Afghan Election Commission launches mobile voter registration
- Iran: Iran Will Not Annul Election Results
- Iran: The Iranian Election and the Revolution Test Why Voter Outrage was a Bust
- Philippines: After Briefing, Senators Mixed On Poll Automation
- Philippines: Comelec cautioned vs signing automation deal
- UK: Poms should be Aussies to vote: Melham
"To encourage citizen ownership of transparent, participatory democracy." The Creekside Declaration. March 22, 2008
**Articles and commentary included in "Daily Voting News" do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the editors of Daily Voting News, VotersUnite.Org, or BradBlog.Com. Articles are selected for inclusion to inform subscribers' ability to draw their own conclusions based on noteworthy and credible news, research, legislation, and debate bearing on the integrity of elections.**