IN TODAY'S RADIO REPORT: Oil prices plunge into historic negative territory; Trump EPA rolls back rules on toxic mercury pollution; PLUS: 50th anniversary of Earth Day and climate action, somehow, during a global pandemic... All that and more in today's Green News Report!
IN 'GREEN NEWS EXTRA' (see links below): This Earth Day, stop the fossil fuel money pipeline; What the 'humans are the virus' meme gets so wrong; Coronavirus stimulus money will be wasted on fossil fuels; 10 years after Deepwater Horizon, the U.S. is even more at risk of a major oil spill; Climate-driven megadrought is emerging in western US, says study; Study: Acting on climate will boost economy... PLUS: American oil is cheap enough for climate activists to buy it... and much, MUCH more! ...
STORIES DISCUSSED ON TODAY'S 'GREEN NEWS REPORT'...
- Historic benchmark oil price crashes, goes negative territory:
- U.S. Oil Prices Plunge Into Negative Territory (NY Times)
- Explainer: What is a negative crude future and does it mean anything for consumers? (Reuters):
"There's no available storage anymore so the price of the commodity is effectively worthless," said Bob Yawger, director of futures at Mizuho in New York. "So when it's minus a dollar, they'll pay you a dollar to get it out of there."
- VIDEO: US oil prices crash below $0 a barrel. Global stocks are mixed (CNN)
- VIDEO: Oil Plunges Below Zero for First Time in Unprecedented Wipeout (Bloomberg)
- Oil continues unprecedented sell-off: June futures drop 39%, but May contract turns positive (CNBC)
- What the Actual Fuck Is Happening With Oil Prices Right Now? (Earther):