Guest Blogged by John Gideon of VotersUnite.org
Yesterday in this space I told you that yesterday would be the last DVN for the week. Well, that was before today’s news. I just couldn’t stay away and there are three stories that I feel are important. First in ‘National’ news are two articles for those interested in Internet voting. Second, as you know I have been discussing Hillsborough Co Florida and the fact that lame-duck election supervisor Buddy Johnson was trying to get $2.3M out of the county to cover cost overruns. Instead of doing as Buddy expected and just giving him the money they began an audit and they are finding more questions than answers. Buddy may have a lot to explain for in the coming months. And from Maryland comes the news that the state has filed an $8.5M claim against Diebold/Premier to cover the state’s costs to fix flaws in the voting system the state purchased from the vendor.
Enjoy the day tomorrow....
- National: Will High-Tech Save or Sink Future Elections?
- National: NIST finds security problems with overseas e-voting
- FL: Hillsborough County - Buddy Johnson hits new high in bizarre on way out
- FL: Hillsborough County - Hillsborough Elections Office Audit Raises Spending Questions
- MD: State files $8.5M claim against voting machine maker
- MD: State files $8.5 million claim against voting system maker
- MN: Naming '08 Minn. Senate winner will take until '09
- MN: State Supreme Court weighs possibility of doubled-counted votes in Franken-Coleman recount
- MN: The Recount / Come January, Minnesota might be a senator short
- MN: In Minnesota Senate recount, only one thing is clear
- MN: Court says alleged duplicate ballots can be counted
- MS: New way to vote? Panel seeks to bring early ballots to Miss.
- MS: Hosemann Seeks More Power
- PA: Allegheny County - County's voting machines pass post-election test
- PA: Allegheny County - Wilkinsburg voting dispute raises questions about ballot verification
- TN: Elections revamp spotlights secretary of state post
- TX: A better way
State law allowing creation of nonpartisan county election administrators could benefit Harris County
**"Daily Voting News" is meant as a comprehensive listing of reports each day concerning issues related to election and voting news around the country regardless of quality or political slant. Therefore, items listed in "Daily Voting News" may not reflect the opinions of VotersUnite.Org or BradBlog.Com**