Guest Blogged by John Gideon of VotersUnite.org
Today’s ‘Featured’ article [PDF] begins, “Florida’s Department of State is proposing a few strategically placed words that would gut Florida Statute 104.29, a brief but powerful law that currently offers Florida citizens their greatest protection for election observation. The altered language is buried on page 61 of a 68-page elections bill1 still in draft form, which, as soon as it is finalized, will be presented to the State Legislature for approval.
Correction: In this space yesterday I inferred that Humboldt Co had made the decision to move from Premier/Diebold to another vendor based on the problems encountered by the county in the Nov. 2008 elections. In fact the decision to change vendors had been made before that election....
- Featured - FL: A New Attack on Civil Liberties by Florida’s Secretary of State
- Featured - National: Reps. Maloney and Honda Introduce Bill Protecting Rights of Military and Overseas Voters
- Featured - National: Reps. Maloney and Honda Introduce Bill to Bring Oversight to Voting Program Office for Americans Abroad
- National: Excerpts of the CIA analyst's warning to EAC about cyber vote fraud that have not been made public
- National: CIA Cybersecurity Expert Calls Into Question Security of Electronic Voting
- National: New Revelations Provide More Evidence Paperless Voting Not Safe
- National: Diebold's Chief Financial Officer, VP Steps Down Under SEC Investigation
- National: 3 Questions: Charles Stewart on voting survey
- MN: Columnist - Coleman v. Franken: Will the ThreeJudges report to the Senate?
- MT: Montana Now Requires Post-Election Audits of Vote-Counting Machines
- NY: Justice sues New York over military voters
- NY: Loser seeks to block Hempstead election certification
- NY: Erie County – ES&S Withdraws Op-Scans from Erie County Test Run
- OH: NEW FREE PRESS STUDY REVEALS: More than a million Ohio voters purged in run up to 2008 election – Republican Party wanted 800,000 more purged
- OH: Hardball In Ohio & The Lost Ballots
- OK: House committee passes voter ID legislation
- TN: Opinion - Let's not go back to era of poll tax
- TX: Voter ID hearing in daylight forecasted and Democrat may fashion deal
**"Daily Voting News" is meant as a comprehensive listing of reports each day concerning issues related to election and voting news around the country regardless of quality or political slant. Therefore, items listed in "Daily Voting News" may not reflect the opinions of VotersUnite.Org or BradBlog.Com**