IN TODAY'S REPORT: Democrats undermine Obama's climate legislation; the EPA steps up and gets stepped on? PLUS: Worldwide Blackout & more volcanic "fallout" for Bobby Jindal...All that and more in today's Green News Report!
Info/links on stuff we talked about on today's episode, plus MORE green news, all follows below...
- Democrats to shelve fast-track process on climate bill, for now
- Nice package: Will combining climate and energy into one big bill help or hurt the climate cause?
- Pep squad: Obama hypes the green aspects of his budget plan
- Endangerment ahead: EPA tells White House that greenhouse gases are threat to public welfare
- Return to sender: White House refuses to open email about regulating greenhouse gases
- EPA review of mining permits signals policy shift
- EPA to Scrutinize Permits for Mountaintop-Removal Mining
- Controversial mine granted federal permit: Corps of Engineers' approval comes after EPA voices concerns
- Chevron Tanks on Cook Inlet Endangered by Volcano. Drain, Baby, Drain! (Updated)
More green news not covered in today's episode:
- House passes bill protecting 2 million acres of wilderness
- Automakers Likely To Get More Aid: Levin
- Top 10 Myths about Sustainability: Even advocates for more responsible, environmentally benign ways of life harbor misunderstandings of what "sustainability" is all about
- No, I said 'dessert.' I want more dessert: Does Sen. Feinstein get global warming, desertification, and California's looming demise?
- U.S. birds threatened by habitat loss, invasives, report says
- Tampa Bay runs out of surface water: Water supplies for Florida region ruled "critically low"
- Chief scientist warns of "perfect storm" for resource shortages by 2030: Food, energy and water supplies all under threat from combination of climate change and growing population
- Action on climate to harm Gulf economies: Saudi official
- Drink Up: Taking the Salt Out of Seawater - Removing the salt from briny water is becoming more affordable