Guest Blogged by John Gideon of VotersUnite.org
An inspection by Princeton’s Ed Felten of summary tapes not previously inspected from Sequoia Advantage voting machines used in New Jersey adds more evidence that Sequoia has misrepresented the cause of voting machine failures last February. Some of the summary tapes actually show that the total number of votes recorded on the machines is not accurate. That could not have happened under Sequoia’s nonsensical explanation that it was poll worker mistakes. It is clear that an investigation must be carried out with no involvement by the vendor.
Links to today's most notable voting new stories, including the above, follow below as usual...
- CO: Mesa County - Storage of voting machines not so costly
- FL: Guest Columnist - Reform the primary system and abolish the Electoral College
- FL: Election officials show off new optical voting machines
- NJ: NJ Election Discrepancies Worse Than Previously Thought, Contradict Sequoia’s Explanation
- NJ: Princeton Prof: Sequoia Voting Machine Failure in NJ Worse Than Previously Thought
- OH: Editorial - Brunner's courage
**"Daily Voting News" is meant as a comprehensive listing of reports each day concerning issues related to election and voting news around the country regardless of quality or political slant. Therefore, items listed in "Daily Voting News" may not reflect the opinions of VotersUnite.Org or BradBlog.Com**