Guest Blogged by John Gideon of VotersUnite.org
Governor John Corzine of New Jersey has signed yet another extension of the electronic voting paper verification requirement for his state. Now citizens of New Jersey will again vote in an election without any paper. What the state needs to do is to get rid of their Sequoia Advantage voting system and get an actual paper ballot system that really works. Events in the state’s primary election prove that the Advantage system may have actually violated federal accuracy law (HAVA Section 301(a)(5)). No vvpat printer would have fixed that problem.
According to BlackBoxVoting.Org, while 4.3 million voters are registered to vote in Indiana the state has recently purged 1.1 million voters from the voter rolls with one quarter of that total coming from two counties. Those and other stories are below....
- NAtional: Short Take: Voter ID ruling one of court's worst ... in history
- NAtional: Opinion - Let the troops vote
- NAtional: ACCURATE Comments on the VVSG
- NAtional: Video Interview: Missouri Congressional Candidate Byron DeLear Speaks to The BRAD BLOG About 'Securing the Vote'
- CA: Bowen: Poll Workers Are On California’s Front Line of Democracy
- CA: Press Release - As Vote-By-Mail Ballots Become Available For June Primary, Secretary of State Encourages California Voters to Check Their Voter Registration
- CT: Secretary of the State says voter privacy at stake
- IN: One million purged - The Incredible Disappearing Indiana Voter Rolls
- IN: 1.1 Million Purged from Indiana Voter Registration Rolls According to State Data, Says BBV
- IN: ID law could depress black turnout in Ind.
- IN: Vanderburgh County - Prepared to tame primary, Officials brace for turnout, zeal
- KS: Opinion - Pro-Con: Did the Supreme Court make a positive decision on voter IDs? YES
- NC: They are Army for a day
- NC: Mecklenburg County - Elections officials ready for high voter turnout
- NJ: NJ extends deadline for verification of electronic votes
- WA: Yakima County – Editorial - Supreme Court is correct; voter-ID law is prudent
**"Daily Voting News" is meant as a comprehensive listing of reports each day concerning issues related to election and voting news around the country regardless of quality or political slant. Therefore, items listed in "Daily Voting News" may not reflect the opinions of VotersUnite.Org or BradBlog.Com**