Guest Blogged by John Gideon of VotersUnite.org
7 days until Election Day.
Florida Governor Charlie Crist has declared an emergency in the state and has decreed that polling places are to stay open overtime. Polls will now be open for up to 12 hours a day across the state. Now we will wait to see if any county election officials decide to file a lawsuit against the Governor so the poll hours are not extended.
The Brennan Center and VerifiedVoting have sent a letter to 16 Secretaries of State warning them about vote flipping on their ES&S iVotronic DREs. We certainly hope the Secretaries pay attention and accept the suggestions in the letter....
- Featured - FL: Florida declares emergency, extends early voting hours
- Featured - National: Letter to Secretaries of State re: iVotronic “Vote Flipping”
- National: A Vote for More Secure Elections
- National: Editorial - HAVA, intended as reform, shows other consequences
- National: Election-Day voter logjams feared
- National: Watchdog Groups Urge Voters to Reject Provisional Ballots
Groups hope to settle challenges at polls; feds will monitor fraud claims
- National: Election Law Changes Likely to Increase Litigation
- National: A Voting System That Keeps it Real
- CA: Voter Caging in Northern Cali?
- FL: State of emergency: Crist orders longer voting hours
- FL: Miami-Dade County - Calls For Longer Voting Hours Continue Amid High Turnout
- GA: Diebold's 'Express' Voter Registration Computers (Again) Lead to Long Waits in GA's Early Voting
- GA: Clayton County - Long lines, few machines hamper voting in Georgia county
- LA: Democratic Party questions voter cancellations
- MD: Md. ready for increased turnout at polls
- MO: Carnahan predicts 76 percent voter turnout
- NC: Voting irregularities past and present surface as election looms
- NC: Brunswick County - Machine error in Oak Island means no paper trail for some votes
- NH: Sort and Stack Elections In New Hampshire
- NJ: Hudson County - Election jitters?
Academic report spurs concerns over electronic voting machines
- OH: Judge rules on addresses for homeless voters
- SC: SC Voting Machines Prone to Problems, Warns USC Computer Science Chairman
- VA: Kaine responds to election readiness claim
- VA: Kaine Says State Prepared for Record Turnout
- VA: Va. elections officials say they’re prepared to handle huge turnout
**"Daily Voting News" is meant as a comprehensive listing of reports each day concerning issues related to election and voting news around the country regardless of quality or political slant. Therefore, items listed in "Daily Voting News" may not reflect the opinions of VotersUnite.Org or BradBlog.Com**