Guest Blogged by John Gideon of VotersUnite.org
In our featured article today we again get information about the pending shut-down of the Social Security Administration’s databases for maintenance. As related in the article by Wendy Weiser of the Brennan Center for Justice, this shut-down is important because:
Why has the SSA scheduled this shut-down within three weeks of the Nov. election? Now Sen. Diane Feinstein has asked the same question. That letter can be found with the featured article...
- Featured - National: Voter Registration Shut Down?
- National: What does the future hold for elections?
- National: The most important open source system: Voting
- National: Will Your Vote Be Counted?
- CA: Counting Every Vote
California's Sec. of State Says Open-Source Software Is Needed to Safeguard Electronic Voting Systems
- FL: Recently Registered Voters May Experience Problems
- FL: State's new paper trail leads to new problems
- FL: Opinion - Paper ballots won't be the panacea Broward County hoped for
- FL: Broward County - New ballot system as iffy as the last
- FL: Miami-Dade County - Register by Oct. 6 deadline
- FL: Palm Beach County - Acting chief of elections embraces sudden role
- FL: Pinellas County - League Says Pinellas Has Too Few Early Voting Sites
- GA: Handel in eye of vote storm
- GA: Election workers reassure security of votes
- IA: Warren County’s new voting machines to leave paper trail
- OH: Ohio gets jump on voting
150,000 regional voters expected to beat lines, decide now
- PA: Pennsylvania vows to avoid messes Fla., Ohio stepped in
- PA: Area counties brace for record turnout
- PA: Montgomery County - Director says Election Night will be a late one
- PA: Union County - Dems lead area battle to register new voters
- PA: York County - County ditches dress code at polls
- TN: Opinion - Suggestions to make voting in presidential election simpler
- UT: Salt Lake County - County clerk works to make voting easier
**"Daily Voting News" is meant as a comprehensive listing of reports each day concerning issues related to election and voting news around the country regardless of quality or political slant. Therefore, items listed in "Daily Voting News" may not reflect the opinions of VotersUnite.Org or BradBlog.Com**