NC SBE Ignores Voters, Approves Touchscreens: 'BradCast' 8/23/19
Ransomware Attacks in 22 TX Cities Before 2020: 'BradCast' 8/22/19
GOP 'Political Malware' as NC Elections Begin: 'BradCast' 8/21/19
Domestic Shootings by White Men Prevented: 'BradCast' 8/20/19
Petition to Recall AK's GOP Guv Catches Fire: 'BradCast' 8/19/19
Election Software Obsolete, Servers Found Online: 'BradCast' 8/16/19
JUDGE BANS GA'S OLD TOUCHSCREEN SYSTEMS: 'BradCast' 8/15/19
Brad's Upcoming Appearances
(All times listed as PACIFIC TIME unless noted)
'Special Coverage' Archives
GOP Voter Registration Fraud Scandal 2012...
VA GOP VOTER REG FRAUDSTER OFF HOOK
Felony charges dropped against VA Republican caught trashing voter registrations before last year's election. Did GOP AG, Prosecutor conflicts of interest play role?...
Criminal GOP Voter Registration Fraud Probe Expanding in VA
State investigators widening criminal probe of man arrested destroying registration forms, said now looking at violations of law by Nathan Sproul's RNC-hired firm...
DOJ PROBE SOUGHT AFTER VA ARREST
Arrest of RNC/Sproul man caught destroying registration forms brings official calls for wider criminal probe from compromised VA AG Cuccinelli and U.S. AG Holder...
Arrest in VA: GOP Voter Reg Scandal Widens
'RNC official' charged on 13 counts, for allegely trashing voter registration forms in a dumpster, worked for Romney consultant, 'fired' GOP operative Nathan Sproul...
ALL TOGETHER: ROVE, SPROUL, KOCHS, RNC
His Super-PAC, his voter registration (fraud) firm & their 'Americans for Prosperity' are all based out of same top RNC legal office in Virginia...
LATimes: RNC's 'Fired' Sproul Working for Repubs in 'as Many as 30 States'
So much for the RNC's 'zero tolerance' policy, as discredited Republican registration fraud operative still hiring for dozens of GOP 'Get Out The Vote' campaigns...
'Fired' Sproul Group 'Cloned', Still Working for Republicans in At Least 10 States
The other companies of Romney's GOP operative Nathan Sproul, at center of Voter Registration Fraud Scandal, still at it; Congressional Dems seek answers...
FINALLY: FOX ON GOP REG FRAUD SCANDAL
The belated and begrudging coverage by Fox' Eric Shawn includes two different video reports featuring an interview with The BRAD BLOG's Brad Friedman...
COLORADO FOLLOWS FLORIDA WITH GOP CRIMINAL INVESTIGATION
Repub Sec. of State Gessler ignores expanding GOP Voter Registration Fraud Scandal, rants about evidence-free 'Dem Voter Fraud' at Tea Party event...
CRIMINAL PROBE LAUNCHED INTO GOP VOTER REGISTRATION FRAUD SCANDAL IN FL
FL Dept. of Law Enforcement confirms 'enough evidence to warrant full-blown investigation'; Election officials told fraudulent forms 'may become evidence in court'...
Brad Breaks PA Photo ID & GOP Registration Fraud Scandal News on Hartmann TV
Another visit on Thom Hartmann's Big Picture with new news on several developing Election Integrity stories...
CAUGHT ON TAPE: COORDINATED NATIONWIDE GOP VOTER REG SCAM
The GOP Voter Registration Fraud Scandal reveals insidious nationwide registration scheme to keep Obama supporters from even registering to vote...
CRIMINAL ELECTION FRAUD COMPLAINT FILED AGAINST GOP 'FRAUD' FIRM
Scandal spreads to 11 FL counties, other states; RNC, Romney try to contain damage, split from GOP operative...
RICK SCOTT GETS ROLLED IN GOP REGISTRATION FRAUD SCANDAL
Rep. Ted Deutch (D-FL) sends blistering letter to Gov. Rick Scott (R) demanding bi-partisan reg fraud probe in FL; Slams 'shocking and hypocritical' silence, lack of action...
VIDEO: Brad Breaks GOP Reg Fraud Scandal on Hartmann TV
Breaking coverage as the RNC fires their Romney-tied voter registration firm, Strategic Allied Consulting...
RNC FIRES NATIONAL VOTER REGISTRATION FIRM FOR FRAUD
After FL & NC GOP fire Romney-tied group, RNC does same; Dead people found reg'd as new voters; RNC paid firm over $3m over 2 months in 5 battleground states...
EXCLUSIVE: Intvw w/ FL Official Who First Discovered GOP Reg Fraud
After fraudulent registration forms from Romney-tied GOP firm found in Palm Beach, Election Supe says state's 'fraud'-obsessed top election official failed to return call...
GOP REGISTRATION FRAUD FOUND IN FL
State GOP fires Romney-tied registration firm after fraudulent forms found in Palm Beach; Firm hired 'at request of RNC' in FL, NC, VA, NV & CO...
The Secret Koch Brothers Tapes...
MORE BRAD BLOG 'SPECIAL COVERAGE' PAGES...
By John Gideon
on 8/9/2006, 5:08pm PT
Guest Blogged by John Gideon of VotersUnite.org and VoteTrustUSA.Org
Fraus omnia vitiate, “Fraud vitiates everything” and when it may apply to Diebold it means a lot such as Diebold machines have no valid federal certification. / Diebold has announced that the Securities and Exchange Commission is now involved in a formal investigation into some of the corporation's practices. / Michigan reports that voting machines purchased for voters with disabilities are seeing little use across the state. / Election procedure questions in Tennessee? Don't call the state; call the vendor. ...
- NAtional: Raphael Bear's Testimony On HR 5913 LINK
- NAtional: Fraud Vitiates Everything it Touches: Why Diebold DRE’s Have No Valid NASED Numbers LINK
- NAtional: Scratch-and-Vote System Could Help Eliminate Election Fraud LINK
- NAtional: SEC changes Diebold accounting probe to formal LINK
- NAtional: Debate over e-voting is still plaguing elections LINK
- AL: Alabama Congressman Challenges Department of Justice Decision LINK
- CA: Vote-PAD Defends Itself In Public Hearing In California LINK
- CA: CA Elections Staff Advises Against Non-electronic Voting Alternative for Disabled (Vote-PAD) LINK
- CA: Butte County - Official urges county to seek reimbursement for election cost LINK
- CA: Humboldt County - County’s new voting machines may be flawed LINK
- CA: San Mateo County - County unveils new voting machines LINK
- CA: San Mateo County - County poised to approve e-voting LINK
- CA: San Mateo County - New machines may have heads spinning LINK
- CO: No big glitches at new voting centers LINK
- CO: Denver - New machines puzzle voters, officials LINK
- CO: Denver - New Electronic Voting Machines Cause Minor Glitches. Some Voters Told To Come Back Later LINK
- CO: Pueblo County - Sleepless in uncertainty. Candidates for clerk job within 7 votes at night's end LINK
- FL: Volusia County - Volusia delays bilingual ballots. The elections chief says she ran out of time because of touch-screen voting. LINK
- GA: McKinney alleges voting irregularities LINK
- GA: DeKalb County - Vote Count in DeKalb Delayed LINK
- MI: Michigan reports overall success with new voting machines LINK
- MI: Vote counting slow in Troy, Wixom LINK
- MI: New Voting Machine for Visually Impaired Virtually Unused LINK
- MI: Berrien County - Problems at the polls LINK
- MO: Harvey Friedman: My Day At The Poll. Brad's Dad Pulled A Few Chains Today — And His Son Will Be Very Proud! LINK
- MO: New voting equipment generally OK, yet some results delayed LINK
- MO: Kansas City - Last-minute glitches slow returns LINK
- MO: St. Louis County - St. Louis County praises performance of touch-screens LINK
- NC: Date set for new primary election LINK
- NY: Otsego County - Voters who have disabilities have a Friday deadline to notify Otsego County LINK
- NY: Tompkins County - The Election Apparatus LINK
- OH: Special elections first test for state's voter ID law LINK
- OH: Cuyahoga County - No serious problems in first election requiring ID LINK
- OH: Mahoning County - Board asks for $192,000 to buy carts LINK
- PA: Luzerne County - Green Party will challenge newest petition Wilkes-Barre resident wants ballot question to eliminate districts LINK
- TN: Problems with MicroVote Prompt Candidates To Call For A Revote LINK
- TN: Cheatham County - Miscommunication blamed for election delays LINK
- TN: Rhea County - Election problems were minor, solvable LINK
- TX: Woman is sentenced in voting-fraud case. Penalty: $750 fine, two years probation, campaigning limits LINK
**"Daily Voting News" is meant as a comprehensive listing of reports each day concerning issues related to election and voting news around the country regardless of quality or political slant. Therefore, items listed in "Daily Voting News" may not reflect the opinions of VotersUnite.Org or BradBlog.Com**
Reader comments follow below ad...
READER COMMENTS ON
"'Daily Voting News' For August 09, 2006"
(3 Responses so far...)
COMMENT #1 [Permalink]
said on 8/9/2006 @ 10:24 pm PT...
Fraud Vitiates Everything it Touches
Be sure to check out the 2nd story. Kudos to John Washburn (and to Jim March).
On Thursday, August 3, 2006 a three year investigation came to the conclusion that Diebold committed fraud against Wyle Labs in order to obtain valuable qualification numbers from the National Association of State Election Directors (NASED) Voting Systems Board (VSB). Over a period of several years, Diebold and its corporate predecessor, Global Election Systems, knowingly and repeatedly withheld from review source code to the several versions of WinCE (Windows Compact Edition) used in the touch screen DRE’s manufactured by the company. Such source code review is required under both the 1990 and 2002 Voluntary Voting System Guidelines in Section 7.44 and Volume I Section 1.65; respectively.
Thus, for Wisconsin and 37 other states, these Diebold systems identified by the qualification numbers above are not certified for use in the state because the required, legally valid NASED qualification number does not exist.
Any aspiring Elliot Spitzers out there in the 38 Diebold states, here's a good opportunity! Shut down Diebold and save democracy in your state!
COMMENT #2 [Permalink]
said on 8/10/2006 @ 9:51 am PT...
Now that the writing is on the wall, the republican dictatorship is becoming nuttier than a reichstag fruitcake.
Expect "turrism" and "insirgency" to increase in the fascist hope that "amurkans" will become scared as a result of their phoney facade.
And expect the Katrina Kids in the white house to try to convince everyone that it is everyone else's fault.
And expect them to lose bigger and bigger in the hearts and minds of Americans as time goes on.
And expect them to panic in November and try to hack the vote and steal key races so as to maintain their majority status in congress.
They have been planning this train wreck of American Democracy for a long time now.
COMMENT #3 [Permalink]
said on 8/10/2006 @ 2:49 pm PT...
After all these years, this is said of the best Windows operating system:
The U.S. Department of Homeland Security warned this week that a recently patched Microsoft Windows vulnerability could put the nation's critical infrastructure at risk.
(link here, bold added).
Diebold uses a less secure subset of Windows for its voting machines.
How secure do you feel about your vote and your democracy now???
Support The BRAD BLOG
Please visit our advertisers
Support The BRAD BLOG
Please visit our advertisers
All Content & Design Copyright © Brad Friedman
unless otherwise specified. All rights reserved.
logo courtesy of Rock Island Media
Web Hosting, Email Hosting, & Spam Filtering for The BRAD BLOG courtesy of Junk Email Filter