Guest Blogged by John Gideon of VotersUnite.org
Today a very heated debate began in the Texas legislature over a more robust Voter ID law than the state presently has. The new legislation would require a photo identification or the use of alternative forms of identification such as utility bills or bank statements on top of a voter registration card or other personal identification. The GOP will call witnesses to include officials from Georgia and Indiana, two of the states that require a photo identification. Democrats will be calling witnesses from civil rights organizations.
Al Franken’s attorneys, in Minnesota, have said they will probably rest their case tomorrow. ...
- CA: Los Angeles County - Counting Ballots and Sifting Through the Results
- FL: Touch-screen voting resurfaces in court
- FL: Florida: Court Hears Arguments on Voting Law
- MN: Flashback: Coleman Said To Spare State Cost Of Recount --- But Is Now Angling For Multi-Million Dollar Election
- MN: Coleman vs. Franken continues. Will Arctic ice cap melt before Minnesota gets new senator?
- MN: Franken, in D.C., says he sees 'a light at the end of the tunnel'
- MN: Democrats Will Not Seat Franken Until Minnesota Courts Are Done
- MN: Smaller vote pool may hurt Coleman
- MN: Franken's case to rest Wednesday
After a week of testimony and evidence, Franken's lawyers say they are satisfied they have made their case.
- MS: Opinion - Voter ID: Supporters missed opportunity
- MS: Senate bid to revive voter ID fails
- MT: Opinion: Mail ballots expansion just makes good sense
- NY: A Love Affair With Lever Voting Machines
- NY: Paper Ballot Votes Handcounted in Staten Island Election
- NY: Schuyler Co. Facing $100,000 Deficit Under HAVA
- NY: Schuyler County Voting Machine Concerns
- NY: Schuyler seeks state OK to keep lever voting
- OH: Scholars to study Ohio's high use of provisional ballots
- TN: Carter County - Voter Confidence Act must be implemented by 2010
- TX: Contested Progreso election thrust into voter ID debate
- TX: Voter ID battle heads to Senate
- TX: Democrats decry voter ID bill ahead of hearing today
- TX: Viewpoint: ID bill a waste of time
- TX: Voter ID expert witness wasn’t confirmed for federal post
- TX: Voter ID: 1 million voters without a driver’s license?
- TX: Debate over voter ID opens in Senate
**"Daily Voting News" is meant as a comprehensive listing of reports each day concerning issues related to election and voting news around the country regardless of quality or political slant. Therefore, items listed in "Daily Voting News" may not reflect the opinions of VotersUnite.Org or BradBlog.Com**