The BRAD BLOG Andy Kaufman Compendium:
w/ Brad & Desi
BARCODED BALLOTS AND BALLOT MARKING DEVICES
BMDs pose a new threat to democracy in all 50 states...
VIDEO: 'Rise of the Tea Bags'
Brad interviews American patriots...
'Democracy's Gold Standard'
Hand-marked, hand-counted ballots...
GOP Voter Registration Fraud Scandal 2012...
The Secret Koch Brothers Tapes...
|MORE BRAD BLOG 'SPECIAL COVERAGE' PAGES...|
The BRAD BLOG Andy Kaufman Compendium:
READER COMMENTS ON
"Fun Conspiracy Theory of the Moment"
(4 Responses so far...)
COMMENT #1 [Permalink]
... Mike (ks76r) said on 5/17/2004 @ 1:57 am PT...
I just got off the phone with Brad. He went to the after party. There was no Andy, they played a documentary of man on the moon. Several people spoke, then much like after Carnegie hall, Tony Clifton took everyone across the street for Milk and cookies. This took place at the comedy store across the street. Brad walked in and there was a wrestling ring set up in the comedy store. When he got in there were two hispanics wrestling some guys in chicken suits.
After that Jerry Lawler hit the ring and beat up on the guys in the chicken outfits.
Afterwards Tony Clifton said that he had a very special announcement. He brought out Dennis Hoff from the moon light bunny ranch. He said that your ticket stub is good for one hooker the next night at the bunny ranch. Andy gave you a slice of cake, I gave you a slice of pussy pie. The hookers then took off their tops and danced around some. Brad estimates that 2/3rds of the crowd took off. Then Clifton announced that now it is time for act four now that the people that had to go to bed had taken off. They were going to go to Andy's old apartment and have a candle lit vigil. It was now a condo and the current owner was not aware that it was once Andy's.
At Andy's apartment Tony Clifton told some stories of Andy and Elvis, I could not catch most of it, but Brad will fill you all in I am sure.
COMMENT #2 [Permalink]
... Stan said on 5/17/2004 @ 3:39 am PT...
Sounds LAME!!! Thank GOD my wife talked me out of charging hundreds to my credit card to go out there and get ripped off.
COMMENT #3 [Permalink]
... Meredith said on 5/18/2004 @ 12:27 pm PT...
Did any one go to the Bunny Ranch yesterday? What happened? :laugh:
COMMENT #4 [Permalink]
... Brad said on 5/18/2004 @ 6:49 pm PT...
I didn't go...but apparently about 30 other folks did...
This is a post from someone who went from "Claire's Message Board", but they scroll off and disappear pretty quickly, so I'll reprint here for the record:
Wow. I got to shake Tony Clifton's hand. Actually, I kissed his hand.
1. First, I got there about 9 pm. Dennis Hauf was very gracious, offered to buy me and my compatriots a beverage. No sight of anyone but stub holders. Dennis actually greeted us outside the door, inside the gate, and asked us if we were willing to be interviewed. Rumour was, HBO was doing the filming. Being a house of ill repute, the two other with me declined the interview-- being married men and all... but me, what the hell, my wife trusts me.
2. We drank for awhile with the girls, talked to a few people who actually were at the show the previous day. A kid named Bryan was turning 21 at midnight. Try to top that birthday.
3. No one seemed to know whether this was ACT 3 or ACT 4. They unfurled the banner, ACT 3.
4. The bell rings once. The girls all line up. Tony Clifton walks in. We all get a chance to talk to him, listen to his schpiel. Excellent performance.
5. After about an hour of mingling, Tony leads to the 'very site' where Andy wrassled 14 hookers. There are chairs and bean bags around a mattress. After a 'history of Andy' and the hookers, and the female wrestling story, Tony declines to wrestle Air Force Amy, because of a bad hip, but an audience member jumps on the opportunity. And loses. Awesome.
5. Tony says "Last night we had Milk and Cookies-- tonight, I'm buying you all some pie!" One of the hookers looks totally repulsed, but the others are having fun.
6. We go back to the main house, Tony announces "Drinks are on me" and then we all continue boozing it up. Dennis is signing ticket stubs to authorize their use. Wish I'd had one, the babes we're quite lovely. I understand Andy's obsession.
After taking some photos for Rolling Stone (?) I split. There was talk of a seance. Tony urged everyone to shag in the wrestling room. At one point Tony had said "When Andy supposedly died, not one member of Taxi came to the funeral. But two hookers from the moonlight bunny ranch did..." There were other mentions by Tony of Andy's death as an actual event though.
One snobby guy at the bar, when asked if he though Andy died, says "Oh Kaufman's dead, but Andy lives on.". Yeah Yeah Yeah....
I'm still jazzed. I got to hang out with Tony Clifton. I feel so blessed. Thanks to all you posting here, or I would've never known about the ACT.
There was so much more, but I've got to submit this so you have something!
A Few Great Blogs
· Baghdad Burning
· Brilliant at Breakfast
· Crooks and Liars
· Dan Froomkin
· Fired Up! Missouri
· Freedom's Phoenix
· Freeway Blogger
· Glenn Greenwald
· Huffington Post
· Jesus' General
· Juan Cole
· Washington Monthly
· Media Matters
· Nashua Advocate
· Oliver Willis
· RAW STORY
· Sanoma State's
Project Censored Sites:
· Daily Censored
· Media Freedom
· Project Censored
· Scholars & Rogues
· Skippy the Bush Kangaroo
· Talking Points Memo
· Think Progress
· Tom Tomorrow
· TV Newser
· Ben Sargent
· Bill Deore
· Bob Gorrell
· Cagle's Index
· Chan Lowe
· Don Wright
· Doug Marlette
· Glenn McCoy
· Jeff Danziger
· Joel Pett
· Mike Luckovich
· Non Sequitur
· Not Banned Yet
· Pat Oliphant
· Paul Conrad
· Ted Rall
· This Modern World
· Thomas Burns
· Tom Toles
· Tony Auth
· Stuart Carlson
Or by Snail Mail
Make check out to...
7095 Hollywood Blvd., #594
Los Angeles, CA 90028