Guest Blogged by John Gideon of VotersUnite.org
It looks like there is strong talk about holding Premier/Diebold at fault for the problems in Hillsborough Co Florida. I’m not convinced that anything will be done except posturing by local officials. Premier claims they warned the county with an email sent in Sept. They did send an email but it is very hard to understand what the problem was and what the solutions were. Perhaps election officials should have asked Premier to be more clear? Perhaps the state should not have certified this system that is still going through the EAC testing and certification process?
The blame for the problem in Crawford Co Kansas has finally been put on the ballot programming in the county’s ES&S system.
On election day a judge ordered machines in Northumberland Co Pennsylvania to be impounded because they were not working properly on straight-party voting. Now a plan on investigating the problem has been announced. The vendor, Premier/Diebold, will send technicians to investigate the problem. In other words the county only wants to know that they were at fault and the machines were faultless....
- National: Presidential Turnout Flat: How Did That Happen?
- National: Obama’s big win obscured ongoing voting problems
- FL: Florida elections chief vows to purge felons and dead from voter rolls
- FL: Hillsborough County - Volume of provisional ballots highest in Hillsborough
- FL: Hillsborough County - Voting Vendor May Be Ousted
- KS: Crawford County - Programming source of machine error
Clerk says outcome of attorney’s race could be affected
- MI: Oakland County - Democrat wants recount of Oakland clerk race
- MN: Tension escalates as recount fluctuates
- MN: Most Minn. Senate 'undervotes' are from Obama turf
- MN: Coleman questions changes in election vote totals
- NC: Craven County - Teams using "hand-eye" count to check accuracy of machine vote totals
- OK: Opinion - Other states could learn from our election system
- PA: Northumberland County - Manufacturer to examine faulty voting machines
- TX: Opinion - It's time that we brought Texas elections into the 21st century
- TX: Bexar County - Testing shows accurate Bexar voting tallies
- VA: Va. Voters Complain Of Missing Registrations
- WV: Editorial - Election Process Can Be Refined
**"Daily Voting News" is meant as a comprehensive listing of reports each day concerning issues related to election and voting news around the country regardless of quality or political slant. Therefore, items listed in "Daily Voting News" may not reflect the opinions of VotersUnite.Org or BradBlog.Com**