Guest Blogged by John Gideon of VotersUnite.org
This morning a judge in Florida authorized Palm Beach Co. to do another recount. That is they are going to recount the recount of the recount of the original count. In this machine recount the county hopes to find 159 ballots in 54 precincts in which good ballots were mixed in with ones that contain over- and under-votes. Those 159 ballots will then be inspected to determine what the voters intended.
Also featured is an article by Bev Harris with regards to voter list databases. These databases are largely untested in real elections and will almost assuredly be a point of problems in November. Some states made their own central data bases while others spent millions of tax payers dollars for ES&S or Sequoia or Bermuda-based Accenture to build their data bases. Errors in these data bases serve only to disenfranchise voters....
- Featured – FL: Another recount on the way for Palm Beach County
- Featured - National: Excruciating issues with voter list database
- National: Sequoia's Sinking Ship
- National: Campus Advantage and Student Association for Voter Empowerment (SAVE) Launch
New Website Dedicated to Recording and Reporting Student Voting Problems
- National: Protect your vote
- CO: Coffman: Election returns to be a day late
- FL: Elections officials try to clear up ID requirement
- FL: Ballot printing in Broward County halted until dispute settled
- FL: Palm Beach County - Board to seek another recount
- FL: Palm Beach County - Palm Beach County election officials seek third round of recounts in disputed judicial race
- FL: Palm Beach County – Opinion - An Anderson problem?
- FL: Palm Beach County – Opinion - Palm Beach should debate merits of an appointed elections chief
- FL: Palm Beach County - Palm Beach Ballots Down for the Count
- FL: Palm Beach County commission to take more time on idea of appointing elections supervisor
- GA: Editorial - Georgia must honor new voters, not impede them
- GA: Opinion - Integrity of elections ‘my highest priority’
- MA: Winning candidate files for recount in 9th Plymouth District
Ward 2 City Councilor Michael Brady won Democratic primary race for Brockton state representative seat
- MA: Boston - Dianne Wilkerson demands recount
- MA: Boston - Wilkerson seeks election recount in five wards
Aide cites complaints of uncounted votes
- MD: Voter Excitement Tempered by Concerns of Fairness at Polls
Officials Prepare for Record Turnout; Worry About Voting Persists
- MN: Ritchie: Changes to Minnesota law should prevent voter-challenge shenanigans and conflicts
- MN: Minnesota Cites Paper Ballots As Factor in Quick Election Recount
- MO: Students have absentee option for voting
- OH: Fight Heats Up in Ohio Over Voting Procedures
- OH: How the GOP Wired Ohio's 2004 Vote Count for Bush to Win
- PA: Pennsylvania Urged To Follow Voting Laws
- PA: Lancaster County - County to buy 10 voting machines
Will raise total number of machines here to 652 for busy presidential election.
- PA: Montgomery County - Montco buys 75 more voting machines
- RI: Do primary day glitches foretell an Election Day mess?
- TX: Panel addresses voters’ issues
- TX: Panel of Election Officials to Discuss Voting System Integrity for November Elections
- WV: W.Va. Counties Won't Get New Voting Machines
**"Daily Voting News" is meant as a comprehensive listing of reports each day concerning issues related to election and voting news around the country regardless of quality or political slant. Therefore, items listed in "Daily Voting News" may not reflect the opinions of VotersUnite.Org or BradBlog.Com**